Devoid of _____
Look at this image. This image was sent to me via text message by my friend Connor earlier today. The caption was “I cannot even HANDLE this” and I was very confused. You can’t read the text in the photo, so what on earth is this? I looked at the squares of color for a moment, completely mystified about what on earth they were supposed to be, maybe the text was supposed to give context to the squares and Connor had simply made an error. And then it hit me.
The squares of color are the classic Constanza.jpg meme broken down into it’s most basic of details. Based on nothing more than the colors, I was able to recognize his skin, shirt, the blue of fence behind him and conjure an image in my mind of the intended source material.
Pointillism is an art movement that was born out of impressionism. It is characterized by dots of color applied in very specific patterns to display the suggestion of the subject material.
The above image is from Seurat’s classic Un dimanche après-midi à l’Île de la Grande Jatte. There is very little precise detail in the image. Instead, Seurat applies small groupings of colored dots to show the viewer a man’s mustache or the the brim of a hat.
By applying this knowledge to Costanza.jpg, we can conclude that the image the Connor sent to me earlier could possibly be classified as a pointillist meme.
Ladies and Gentlemen, if All Your Base and the Dancing Baby were the birth of the meme, and things like Advice Dog and Rickroll were the Renaissance, then we have finally reached impressionist memes and I for one cannot wait for the abstract.
emergencies and support
- list of hotlines
- list of free clinics in the U.S.
- list of hotlines and emergency resources in english, français, deutsch, hrvatski, español, português, ελληνικά, pусский, magyar, italiano, gaeilge, 中国的, עברית, ภาษาไทย….
- international directory of domestic violence agencies
- rape crisis centers, shelters, and other local programs by state
- sexual assault, rape, and domestic violence resources
- trans friendly rape survivor resources
- resources for male survivors of sexual assault
- resources for student survivors of sexual assault
- BDSM vs. abuse
- discrete domestic violence emergency app
- domestic violence guide for trans individuals
- links for domestic violence victims with pets
- copwatch with LGBTQ rights slide
- bias crime, hatred, and extremism from SSC
- bigotry, prejudice, and homophobia from SSC
- bullying, harassment, and school-based violence from SSC
- sexual harassment resources
- does your partner blame your bisexuality? it could be partner abuse
- what to do if your private nudes are publicized
- signs of emotional abuse
- worldwide LGBT organizations
- GLBT national health center’s telephone and internet peer-counseling
- non-binary support
- extensive online LGBT resources
- scarleteen: online, inclusive information and help for teens and 20’s
- safe space network: tumblr list (tons of categories!)
- anti-defamation league
- queer muslim resources
- trans and genderqueer jewish resources
- queer pagan tumblr community
- trans, gender non-conforming, and intersex athlete network
- free online therapy (1) (2) (3)
- a brief guide to self-care
- self-care ideas, tips, and resources
- self-care after rape: a masterlist
- self-help blog
- panic, anxiety, and PTSD masterpost
- anxiety: a self-help masterpost
- alternatives for feeling angry or restless
- how to turn off negative thoughts
- body positivity
- coping with bad body image days
- depression, anxiety, ED recovery resources by recoverykitty
- app for ED recovery
- apps for mental health support
- how to use pressure points to alleviate period cramps
- gender neutral menstruation calendar app
- breast and testicular self-exams
- LGBT youth and homelessness resources
- trans housing network
- queer housing networks
- QPoC housing resources and initiatives
- app for finding trans friendly public restrooms
- colleges with gender neutral housing
clothing and appearance
- trans, genderqueer, genderfluid and ally clothes swaps
- plus size shopping masterpost
- androgynous clothing labels
- androgynous make up line
- gender neutral clothing
- suits & ties for beginners
- makeup masterpost
- tucking explained
- low budget wigs
- DIY breast forms
- FTM binder pool
- binders 101
- list of gender terms
- what to do about dysphoria
- trans resources (1) (2)
- DMAB masterpost
- genderqueer/non-binary resources
- genderfluid vs. bigender
- pronoun masterlist
- non-western conceptions of gender
- gender neutral names
- gender neutral relational terms
- gender neutral pronoun grammar
- gender grammar
- suggestions for reducing gendered terms
- non-binary gender terms across languages
- how to change your gender on facebook outside of the U.S.
- american bar association’s legal primer for before, during, and after transitions
- questions to help you think about your gender identity
communication and relationships
- teaching kids consent ages 1-21
- teaching my 2-year-old not to rape
- how to talk to little girls
- compliments that do not focus on appearance (1) (2)
- discussing abortion in a gender neutral way
- pdf on the effects of rape jokes
- trigger warning guide
- GLAAD media reference guide
- positive alternatives for the “walk of shame”
- coming out to your family (1) (2)
- coming out to partners: transgender and non-binary people
- coming out as trans to spanish speaking parents
- coming out as transgender, genderqueer, and/or non-binary masterpost
- QPoC coming out support/resources masterpost
- tips for talking to someone experiencing gender dysphoria
- resources for trans students K-12
- template for informing professors of preferred name and pronouns
- tips for teachers
- teacher toolkit for homophobia and homophobic bullying
- transphobic speech and thought processes to watch out for
- transitioning at work
- name tags with preferred pronouns
- gender business cards
- queer competency in health care service programs
- the varieties of intimate relationship
- chart of romantic and sexual orientations
- aromanticism 101 (1) (2)
- nonsexual ways to be intimate with someone
- guide on consent in sexual relationships
- consent and communication
- 16 ways to talk about consent
- dysphoria, limits, and triggers
- list of orientation terms
- maps of attraction spectrums
- bisexuality vs. pansexuality
- asexuality masterposts (1) (2)
- demi- and gray-sexuality
- disability and sex resources
- disability and sex masterpost
- trans youth sexual health booklet
- dysphoria, masturbation, relationships, and sex: a guide for trans and gender variant people
- sex ed guide
- how-to guides
- spanking guide
- lube chart
- condom myths
film, literature, zines, art, and music
- the big LGBTQA film masterpost
- queer lady movies
- LGBTQIA literature
- gender-bending booklist
- historical fictions about lesbians
- gay historical fiction book list
- list of non-binary fiction and memoirs
- genderqueerid’s list of links and books
- children’s books that break gender stereotypes
- LGBT children’s literature
- free pdf books on race, gender, sexuality, class, and culture
- more free feminist works
- zines 101
- 50 zines by queer people of color
- cultural appreciation or cultural appropriation?: a zine on culture. respect, allyship, and racism
- queer zine archive project
- chew zine submissions
- participants in feminist online movements
- QTPoC art as self-care
- feminist art and illustration
- gender identity playlist
- genderplay playlist
- non-binary playlist
- aromantic and asexual playlist
we’ll update this list as needed. let us know if you have questions or comments!
Cock, stud, hung, stallion
Yea too much racism is underneath them damn words… So I look at y’all sideways when you use them
i feel you
I understand the others but why is “cock” racist?
Wow, really awesome to see the different animation styles in every frame! What an ambitious project!
But I’m very sorry, since it’s this particular dub episode, I can’t reblog this without warning anyone who does decide to watch this (and you should for the animation coolness) and hasn’t seen the original Japanese version that the Sailor team and co SERIOUSLY aren’t this constantly and endlessly nasty to each other in the sub.
1. In the sub Usagi (Serena) was always 100 determined to save Tuxedo Mask and 100 percent committed to the plan she came up with, she definitely never wanted to stop and the others never pressured her into doing it anyway, it was the opposite, they were worried about how dangerous it would be for her. And Usagi wasn’t just trying to rescue Tuxedo Mask (though that was the main goal) but also truly infiltrate the base of the bad guys so the others could follow and destroy the enemy- so she was even willing to let them take her in to accomplish that goal.
2. The fighting between Mars and Moon was not nearly as mean spirited (nor were half on the insults directed towards Serena here even present in the sub). In the sub, rather than say she’d mess up the plan, Rei was worried about Usagi and asked her if she wanted to go through with it, and since Rei is usually so hard on her, Usagi mistook this as belief she wasn’t a competent leader, and they bickered.
3. Most importantly, REI DID NOT STEAL USAGI’S WAND in the sub. She would have never done something that would have endangered her friend’s life like it. It was the OPPOSITE- Usagi begged Rei to keep the wand for her so there was no way the bad guys could take it off her during her ruse. This was meant to demonstrate Usagi’s absolute trust in Rei and show that despite their bickering, they were really good friends. (Also, it showed Usagi’s commitment to her plan and willingness to risk her own life).
4. Almost as importantly, in the sub, Usagi DID NOT WANT Rei and the others to come save her. She felt if she held out long enough she was going to be able to trick the bad guys into believing she had been abandoned by her friends and truly switch sides. Rather than calling for help here and Rei basically ignoring her pleas, she was internally begging them not to come in the subs and Rei was trying her best to follow her wishes, but broke because she couldn’t stand to see Usagi in pain.
I know it may not seem important, but these characters were written having really deep, intense bonds, while this dub episode in particular makes them not even feel like friends, or like they even care about each other’s safety…and these characters are important to me, and also this episode REALLY downplays Usagi’s commitment to her cause, so I couldn’t reblog this without stressing it isn’t like this in the original, and the dub changed things.
So watch this video, but I feel better having posted this disclaimer as far as the audio content used. Sorry for the inconvenience, and no disrespect intended to the people who did this project!
wow I had heard about the english dub being bad but… wow
Fetuses are children
It’s a fetus until birth. At birth, it becomes sentient.
Children are sentient, conscious, subjective and bodily autonomous people. Fetuses are not.
We need to worry about the born children who are suffering now, rather than worrying about fetuses that don’t have the capacity to suffer.
Fetuses suffer just as much as people after birth do when you kill them, they feel pain, they know what’s happening
That’s absolute hogwash fed to you by pro-life liars and biased doctors who “fudged” numbers, and that’s giving them credit.
Fetuses don’t feel pain until the third trimester, if that. It’s highly likely they can’t feel pain because they are a) unconscious (yes, hey become conscious at birth) and b) the uterus probably keeps them anesthetized until birth.
Most abortions happen in the first trimester.
Have some UNBIASED information!
x - Journal of the American Medical Association on fetal pain.
x - Brain Review: The Importance of Awareness for Understanding Fetal Pain
x - The Emergence of Human Consciousness
x - Fetuses don’t have the ability to differentiate between sensation and pain until the 35th week.
x - Fetal Pain is Horse Hockey: The Study
x - Whole Freakin’ WIki on Fetal Pain, and they cite all the research that the fetus, is likely, to be anesthetized until birth.
TL;DR You’re misinformed and wrong.
You are misinformed and wrong as well. No one feeds me this information. I know it in my heart since birth. Could be cause I have a heart unlike pro-murder people. Those “studies” are also by biased doctors who “fudged” numbers.
So you are going to stay willfully ignorant. You have been fed bullshit, by the pervasive tactics of pro-lifers.
The studies I provided are peer reviewed by credible sources, meaning they aren’t biased and they aren’t fudged. They cite legitimate information, which thoroughly trashes the whole inane concept of Fetal Pain.
Don’t try to hide behind a sense of false bravado. You didn’t earn it. You provide no actual evidence that supports your claims. You’re wrong, I’m right. You can’t prove otherwise.
PS: No, abortion isn’t murder. It doesn’t fit the legal criteria to be murder, since murder is a legal term. Maybe if you were open to learning and challenging your indoctrinated beliefs, you’d have better arguments.
Whatever makes you sleep at night. I’m not indoctrinated, I simply have a moral compass that you lack and the integrity to question so called “studies”instead of accepting it cause an “expert” said it. If you can kill an innocent child and sleep at night then you deserve the death penalty just like a rapist does.
You are providing no evidence to support your stance. Saying “I know it” doesn’t give credence to your stance, nor make it right. You need proof.
I’ve been pregnant, twice. The second one ended in abortion. I do not lose sleep at night, because I know the choice was the best one for me. I know there’s a huge difference between fetuses and babies, and that is personhood, which encapsulates sentience, consciousness, subjectivity and bodily autonomy. (Again, you haven’t proven otherwise.)
Your “moral compass” gives more value to non-sentient fetuses than pregnant people, wants to take away reproductive rights and hides behind insults and emotionally connotative language, rather than any real provide evidence. Not really all that impressive.
No my compass tells me it’s wrong to kill the pregnant woman too. But having the damn baby you got pregnant with won’t kill you. So don’t give me that crap. You’re a heartless example of life.
Your compass says the fetuses’ existence is worth more than the pregnant person. People who are pregnant know what they want to do or need to do. You do not.
You are hinged on fetuses being the same as sentient babies, which is wrong. Fetuses are not sentient, the have no capacity to suffer or know what’s going on.
Pregnant people are sentient, do have the capacity to suffer (especially if the right to their own body is taken away) and know what’s going on outside themselves.
Pregnant people have the right to their body, regardless of the fetus inside it.
Fetuses are babies. Period
Babies are sentient, fetuses are not. You have done nothing to prove otherwise. . You’re wrong. :)
Have a nice day.
You’ve done nothing to prove you are sentient either but expect me to believe it.
I am obviously sentient, since I am forming thoughts, interacting with the world, and am bodily autonomous. Not only am I sentient, I am a person! :O
(Unlike fetuses, who aren’t people.)
Literally, if you’re trying to change a debate about abortion into a debate about my sentience/existence, you’ve admitted defeat.
I’m actually laughing out loud holy shit
'How do I know YOURE not sentient'
I can’t breathe
aka “Elitism is my middle name”
Yeah, I pretty much don’t like Moffat’s concept of the Doctor. Not only does it smack of classism, but it ignores the Doctor’s long tradition of laughing at the so-called “elite” while bumming around with ordinary people. (ref: Doctor Who 1963 - 2009)
"90% of the Doctor Who fandom doesn’t know what asexuality is, please shut up"
okay, Ten’s attraction to Rose might have only been romantic, and what happens with River is too badly shown and written for it to weigh much, but Eleven has shown sexual attraction to Clara…? He commented on the tightness of her skirt and whatnot
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.